Sunday 4 August 2013

Not feeling

A way to stay sane, to protect ourselves is to NOT allow ourselves to feel, to cut off from feelings that are just too distressing to cope with. I've  seen social workers admitting to this, recently via comments on Kids Company's facebook page after Camila Batmangelidgh commented on Daniels tragic case and the resulting outcry,  "professionals call it abuse but for Daniel it was torture" she wrote.  I know how important switching off can be for survival, and also how dangerous that can be too.  It seems things are worse now than they were then. But blaming social workers helps no one.

I wonder where Camila gets her strength from to allow her self to feel the pain and respond as she does, with such care. She has dedicated her life to helping children. She is my inspiration and hope.

I'd like to hear some response, does anyone else care?


No comments:

Post a Comment